Friday, May 31, 2013

Some wild flowers and grasses in Sweden that can be found in the Philippines



Yesterday, I and my husband visited our friends who lives about a mile from us. The weather was very fine. The sky was blue and clear. It was about 20 grader and a lot of grains from the trees were falling around.



I and my friend, Joan, together with my daughter, Jolene, and her dog, Buffy, decided to take a walk to the nearby lake. The sun was rising and it was pretty warm. But it was fine for us because the winds were also a bit colder.


Soon is really summer here in Sweden! The leaves of the trees are starting to be greened and a lot of grasses and flowers are blooming. I felt interested and took some photos on our way.

Maskros

These yellow flowers grabbed my attention first.
 I usually see them on our way home but here they are so
 many and I really think that they are beautiful.
These are like "Daisies" in the Philippines but it is
sad to know that swedish people hate them. They are everywhere! That's their reason.






I usually see a picture of this flower in the mobile especially in samsung galaxy. This flower is also maskros. It becomes airy as shown in the picture when it starts bearing seeds and soon spreading them away with the help of the winds. Most of the people are getting alergies with this flower during summer season. 





Styvmorsviol

I found these flowers along with wild grasses. They are so beautiful. They look like butterflies but the problem is, they don't fly! I have seen these in the Philippines. The only difference is that they crawl there and here they stand.


Liljekonval

People who like the smells of perfume will like these flowers. They smell good that many Swedish people including my friend are waiting for the flowers to bloom so they can seek and pick some of them in the forest. Honestly speaking, I like the flowers but I'm feeling dizzy with the smells. It is because I don't use perfume. They are like a dozen of small white jingle bells that hanging on a stem. The leaves of these flowers are like " dahon ng lampuyang" in the Philippines.





Kabeleka

These flowers are growing near the water's area. They are like "kangkong" in the Philippines. The only difference is that the flowers and the stems are little harder compare to "kangkong".



Strandvial

I saw these flowers near the road and they are beautiful! They can be compared as peanut's flower or "mani-mani" in the Philippines. 


Vitsippor

These flowers can be in yellow and blue colors but white sippors are the most common and can be found everywhere. They are the one of the spring season's signs.  A lot of people like these flowers. We cannot found this in the Philippines. I just want to add this here because it is interesting.



The following flower is unknown to me. They look like frankenia but they are small and they grow up between the high grasses, where I found them. In the Philippines, we can find this flower in the ricefield.


Dryopteris oreades / Ormbunke

These are not flowers but they can have flowers sometimes. They are like "pako-pako" in the Philippines.




Wild grass

Like in the Philippines or other counties, grasses can be found everywhere. The only thing that surprising me is that, I maybe have seen these grasses in the Philippines!





  

No comments:

Post a Comment